Thursday, March 20, 2008

poetry

UNAPT for Sylvia

You sang of dawn
Spring sunshine
Deflower flower chortle a dance
You sang of wood
Uplifted
Glum bird wags tail
You sang of brotherness
Gliding
down to dawn of life
I
A swain
Gird the loin
That in that sunlight may tap toe
But you swallowed all
The insurmountable melody
Before my very eyes


IN YOUR EYES

In your eyes
A river flows
Lapping
Lour eyes drained
Languor in it landslide
In your palm
A lilac sprouts
Swallowtail leaps
Halfway in hallmark, it hallowed lips
Canoodling in air
In your shadow sprightly
Sun in canoodling
Lashes in antics a eyes
That alternates two images
And in your eyes
A fine ferry punt
Sail –by
Two hands – passenger waving
Whose look is you and with me.


POEM, IN MEMORY –

Chidinma, young and ardourn
Sigh not when night comes, or when in peak
While you sigh, your sighing is integral breeze
It shall smack my man
My soul like eagle shall soar and may
Not find you amidst night like barricaded wall

Nor should you ever quail while walking the garden
To see you tearing, they shall flinch
The joyous garden; and what profit then
Happiness when Flowers of life shrink and toss off
And while you shall, my soul as a bee
May die of hunger.

Donot as when dawn comes
Lay as hen of running stomach
To see you in cold flinch
My soul as cock crowing may dance and dance
In vain round that ornery that unveil yieldness

Or so should ever shut at bird
You might not know which my soul
As songbird present; to see bird on each
Way is a rareness
That as constant as northern star
I shall in absence be in your presence


IRONY; - OF LIFE


Who - is that
Other eyes beside you
Walking on our walkway
Enticing you. Leg whirling in rendition
That in sunlight set the scene
That wheel unbound
But our infant dream in dark
I had no doubt - the luminary scene
Is toking of our two matched leg.
While I stared sidelong the life boulevard
When I count the leg
It was you and I
Weird leg solemnizing
Our sectional dream second to none
But while I look again
Into that nimbus of life, liased
An eyes, I saw such eyes giant
In your otherside
Stocking with laugh - lips that rips
Our infant dream
Like bud awaiting the sun’s fingers

I donot wish to know
Whether man or woman
Who - is that
Other eyes
Always on your side


F ELIX ORISEWIKE SYLVANUS
163b, silver crescent
jakande estate, isolo
p o box 1270, marina
lagos, nigeria

No comments: