Thursday, March 20, 2008

Open Letter, to Chidinma

13 – 8 – 08

My love,

I have not heard from you! But by my intuition, I believe you are sound. I have seen your well-being in the way I am. It is the truth; that’s the way you and I was. Your blood flows in mine. For this, I am writing you another which might never get to you. But in hope, I believe you will someday read it! You would read and reread again - You will wonder why it took so long before you come across the piece. You might want to share tear; you might want to cry, you might want to drop beneath, but you will want to be strong. You cannot afford to share tear, or cry over what lies in the past. But one thing that will never let go within you is finding the piece more adorable than how you would have as a young girl that you are now. For this, the sun would rise again within your heart. You will remember I am the one you never wanted to forget but did anyway. The reason is not far fetch, you are much older, and more woman! You can tell when you love a man why you should. More important, you will understand why I keep returning to you when all hope of being with you is gone

Your presence in my life is by no mean a mistake. Our meeting, and the brief moment together was borne out of time. We were always there together in love within that space of time that has since become memories; the very salt of remembrance.

You are my first love!

Sometime I wish I never met you. Meeting you had changed so much of me. I had become another person in the portray of who I am now dreaming about life; and about you, my love – Chidinma within the same atmospheric nature of my dream world which is now obvious you‘ve being part of – from birth. Meeting you rejuvenate everything! And now, I only see what we could still share together in this play of destiny.

For once, I never understand, but I think I know better now! Our life together and the sudden estrangement is only an interlude which I had likened to soap- opera which shall have a happy end. In regard to this, I have it that meeting you are in line. Far too long I have dwelt upon this.

The question now is for how long I would have to wait to meet you again, my only love. You told me once I could find another wherever I go. I believe it! I have met too many a lady to entrust my love to, but often time, I keep returning to you, in love that time could never let go. So it becomes too much for me to redirect my affection for you.

In the recent time, I met a young lady whom I could love, but your love I find it difficult to trade on keep coming. I do not know why I should still love you or hold on to your existence when you seem to have forgotten my own

How do I mean? I want to live with you, my love; in that world you saw with me when we first met. I want to live there with you love you hundreds years from now.
In street, or wherever I find my feet, I am always conscious of myself; and the fact I have rule to protect… I made a promise to love you. I believe I had kept that so well. Except, perhaps, I had become a fool for love. How else could I have acted? Your presence never leaves me. In you I find the virtue that every woman is. My respect for you and all that I want to be. Not in this sense that I could not open my heart to newness of thing, but everything begins from you. I see quite clear why I need to hold on what I believe about meeting you again.

What more can me not hold on to? Life within the thought of you has being so beauty. It could be more beautiful with you at my side watching the scope of life together. To say I miss you could be understatement. But I missed you like sun misses the flower. Like grass of the field misses the rain; like a child misses his/her mother.

When eventually you find this piece, please, do not share tear. Neither should you cry! When you do this, I will never help but to quell. You can mention my name! Let it not be too loud so as not to constitute nuisances. But while you call once, I will hear you.

Your love unknown
Felix.

No comments: